- The Arts Factory - at 281 Industrial Avenue is a mixed-use arts facility in a transformed warehouse. This cultural hub includes 21,000 square feet of workshops, studios, offices and common spaces. , F
- Decentral Vancouver - Decentral Vancouver is a collaborative community incubator inspired by the ideas behind bitcoin. Meetuphttp://www.meetup.com/decentralvancouver/, , F
- EatArt - Energy Awareness Through ART fosters art research with a focus on large-scale, technically sophisticated art by supporting both independent and internal art projects. We use art to educate people about the role energy plays in our lives and to raise questions about the social and environmental impact of energy use. , F
- Maker Cube - Arduino, Robots, VEX, 3d printers, PCB printing, and a meeting space for a lot of different groups. , F
- The Beaumont studio - Art and gallery space with a social emphasizes. , , F
- Van Community Lab - Vancouver Community Laboratory (1907 Triumph Street), a 7,000-square-foot huge wood, and metal shop. They run Workshops every so often. ,
- Vancouver Tool Library - The VTL is a collective community resource, run by its members for its members. They lend out tools to the public. List of tools. , F
- ICOAAT - The International Centre of Arts and Technology provider workshops and talks on various topics. *1012 - 207 West Hastings Street* ,
- Maker Labs - A 26,000sf maker space that provides workshops, studios, and common areas, including a wood shop, metal shop, ceramics studio, CNC routers, multiple laser cutters, sewing machines, shopbot, plasma cutter and much more. , , F
- Terminal City Glass co-op - Provides access to high-quality glassmaking equipment and resources for the artistic development of emerging and established artists; to offer an educational glass program for the public in efforts to encourage awareness of glass as an art medium; to engage the community through events that promote glass as an art form. , , F
- VIVO media Arts - VIVO has been in Vancouver since 1973. Public programming includes events, workshops, exhibitions, residencies, co-productions, critical forums. , , F
- VPL Inspiration Lab - It's a digital media lab at VPL's central library downtown: a free place that combines traditional, digital and new media in a custom-built space dedicated to digital creativity, collaboration and storytelling. It features high-performance computers, analog-to-digital conversion, sound studios, video editing and self-publishing software. And all for free.
- Zen Makerlab - Zen Maker space (272 East 1st Street)- 3D printers, CNC, multiple laser cutters, and lots of workshops. , F
- West End Darkroom - a shared darkroom, art space.
- WePress - A Vancouver Downtown Eastside Community Makerspace. 3D printers, Workshops, Sewing Machine, etc..., , F
- The Egg Arts Foundation - The Egg Arts Foundation. TheEgg art incubator is a year-round interactive art workshop and gathering place for the Vancouver Burning Man community. 5,000 sq ft studio has a wide variety of tools, technology, and fun distractions - a great place to build your art project, host a fundraiser, or have a meeting. TheEgg is volunteer-driven and free for everyone.
- Zen LaunchPad - Helping innovators launch & grow their robotics, IOT and AR/VR ventures
👎 Don't go to the Vancouver Hackspace a bad place with bad people.
- Victoria Makerspace - Victoria Makerspace is a member-operated shared space where people come together and collaborate while sharing tools, resources and knowledge. Members come from all different backgrounds and collectively bring vast amounts of knowledge and experience to the space.
- Makerspace Nanaimo - akerspace Nanaimo is an open community lab: a blend of workshop, studio space, social hub and educational facility where members can share tools, resources and knowledge to build just about anything.
- Edmonton New Technology Society (ENTS) - ENTS is a non-profit, member-driven society of makers, artists, hobbyists and friends. Members can create, build, repair, and work on projects with like minded people. #201, 10575 114st, Edmonton Alberta
- Protospace - Protospace is Calgary's original makerspace. We are a quirky, fun community where artists, makers and geeks come together to share our knowledge, equipment and ideas. Everything we do is driven by our membership. 12001 44 St SE, Calgary Alberta
- Fuse33 - 1720 Radisson Dr. SE Calgary, AB. T2A 1Z8
- Saskatoon TechWorks Inc - A makerspace (or hackerspace) that is focused on science, technology, culture, mechanics and the digital arts. We offer a space where people with diverse backgrounds can socialize, collaborate and learn. Through shared resources, knowledge and ideas we strive to create an atmosphere that promotes community and learning.
- Aaskatoon MakerSpace - Saskatoon Makerspace is a Non-Profit 10,000+ square foot facility located down town Saskatoon. High quality tools and educational opportunities provided by professionals create an atmosphere where any idea can be made. At Makerspace you will find a growing community that loves to be a part of a creative environment, and is open to new possibilities. Education is at the core of our values, and we want to challenge the way consumerism is viewed. By teaching the process of making, inspiring each other to create freely, and to transform artistic concepts into entrepreneurial ventures. Let's empower Saskatoon to make!
- Skull Space - SkullSpace is located in a 2,500 sq. ft. space on the second floor of 374 Donald Street, in the heart of the exchange. We're happy to be in a central location where our members have quick and easy access to all we have to offer!. 125 Adelaide Street, Floor 3, Winnipeg MB
- InterAccess - InterAccess's mission is to expand the cultural significance of art and technology by fostering and supporting the full cycle of art and artistic practice through education, production, and exhibition.. 9 Ossington Avenue, Toronto, ON M6J 2Y8
- HackLab.TO - HackLab.TO is a community space with a diverse membership, including artists, computer programmers, web designers, and hardware hackers. It is inspired by the philosophies of the global hackerspaces movement which encourages people to socialize, share knowledge, and work together on their projects. Newcomers are welcome every Tuesday night. 170a Baldwin St, Toronto, ON M5T 1L8
- Site3 CoLabratory - Site 3 CoLaboratory is a volunteer run maker space in Toronto's west end, at Ossington and Bloor. The shop is 2000 square feet and is fully equipped with woodworking tools, metal-working tools, 3D printers, electronics and more! 718R Ossington Avenue, Toronto, ON M6G3T7
- kwartzlab - A not for profit maker society in the Waterloo Region, providing tools, community connections and learning opportunities for makers in our area. Our members include self driven learners, long time enthusiasts, artists, advocates for maker culture and owners of maker-themed businesses. 283 Duke St. W., Unit 106, Kitchener, ON
- DIY ode - The Diyode community workshop is a place for making, 2500 square feet of tools and supplies for wood working, metal working, electronics, prototyping and crafting. Holding it all together is a community of people who like to get their hands dirty, and are always willing to lend a hand to anyone that wants learn something new. 71 Wyndham St. S, Unit B, Guelph, ON
- Foulab - The goal of foulab is to provide its members an environment and resources that allow them to exchange knowledge, ideas and explore new technologies. To that end, the organization will arrange a space which allows its users to collaborate.
- Yukonstruct - Yukonstruct Society is a non-profit organization driven by a vibrant community of makers, entrepreneurs, creators, innovators, and leaders. Yukonstruct is proud to manage the first community innovation hub North of 60 in Canada, NorthLight Innovation. Yukonstruct is driven by its mandate to support Yukoners in bringing their ideas to life, through access to shared resources, space, and knowledge. To do this we run a shared coworking space, a makerspace and offer programming to help Yukon entrepreneurs launch and grow their businesses.
- Halifax MakerSpace
- Nova Scotia Power Makerspace - Giving the Cape Breton community the place, equipment, materials and education to let them design and build innovative products. The Nova Scotia Power Makerspace gives Cape Breton start-ups, entrepreneurs, students and other creative minds the place, equipment, materials and education to let them design and build innovative products.
FAQWhat is a makerspace? (from Makerspaces.com)
A makerspace is a collaborative work space inside a school, library or separate public/private facility for making, learning, exploring and sharing that uses high tech to no tech tools. These spaces are open to kids, adults, and entrepreneurs and have a variety of maker equipment including 3D printers, laser cutters, cnc machines, soldering irons and even sewing machines. A makerspace however doesn’t need to include all of these machines or even any of them to be considered a makerspace. If you have cardboard, legos and art supplies you’re in business. It’s more of the maker mindset of creating something out of nothing and exploring your own interests that’s at the core of a makerspace. These spaces are also helping to prepare those who need the critical 21st century skills in the fields of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). They provide hands on learning, help with critical thinking skills and even boost self-confidence. Some of the skills that are learned in a makerspace pertain to electronics, 3d printing, 3D modeling, coding, robotics and even woodworking, Makerspaces are also fostering entrepreneurship and are being utilized as incubators and accelerators for business startups.
👉 Want to add a space? Submit an issue, or merge request on Github